"A woman is always a choice: feminism or masochism" - the question of hygiene and shaving

Модератор: zlata

"A woman is always a choice: feminism or masochism" - the question of hygiene and shaving

Сообщение DARPA » 09 фев 2015, 18:43

I took a note of Dr. Emily Gibson, published on the website of the newspaper "The Guardian" in August 2012. Emily Gibson - a family doctor.
Here's a link to the original: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... op-shaving
Observations on the Translation accept with gratitude. If there are errors in medical terms, too, I'd be happy remarks.
Castle on this post is not my, but comments from nonparticipants rasskrinivat will not (except for comments on translation). I have no purpose for someone to agitate or persuade, I just want to share something of the British physician (with a really good medical education and experience) on the subject of hygiene and shaving pubic hair and perineum, and therefore leave it here.

"Pubic hair is doing their job. Stop shaving and leave them alone."

I must have missed the declaration of war on pubic hair.

It must have happened sometime in the past decade, because the amount of time, energy, money and emotions that people of both sexes spend on destroying each hair from their genitals become astronomical. Industry hair removal intimate body parts is booming, growing, and the number of health professionals offering their services to those who want to buy "clean and sleek" look.

But why is everyone so latched on to these poor pubic hair? Different sociological theories suggest that this may be due to cultural trends generated by the fashion for bikinis and tongs, or the popularity of some nude actors and actresses, or with a desire to return to childhood, or even misconceptions about hygiene.

This war, unfortunately misunderstood. Long ago, surgeons found that shaving any part of the body prior to surgery actually does not reduce but increases the likelihood of postoperative surgical infection. No matter how expensive and difficult to use tools: razor blade, electric shavers, tweezers, wax, depilatories, electrodepilator - all the same; hair like grass grow again and eventually win. And the skin, meanwhile, suffers the consequences as scorched battlefield.

Pubic hair removal natural causes irritation and inflammation in the skin of the remaining hair follicles, leaving a microscopic open wounds. In order to avoid comparisons with the genitals hard brush, remove hair often have, which means that the irritation of shaved or depilated areas of the skin becomes regular. When this is combined with irritation warm and humid environment genitals, it creates the most favorable breeding ground for some particularly nasty group of bacterial pathogens, namely group A streptococcus, Staphylococcus aureus and its recently mutated cousin - methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) .

A growing number of patients with staphylococcal ulcers and abscesses requiring dissection to remove the pus and infection, and it means, resulting in scars, which can be quite significant. Pustules and other inflammation of hair follicles, papules - are not uncommon on the shaved genitals.

In addition, I have met patients with phlegmon (a bacterial infection of the soft tissue without abscess formation) of the scrotum, penis and labia that have arisen as a result of the spread of bacteria while shaving, as well as a result of sexual contact when staphylococci and streptococci get on skin skin partner. Some clinicians are finding that svezhepobritye pubic and genitals are also more likely to be infected with herpes: from minor wounds open to viruses that enter the skin from the lips or genitals. Consequently, there may be the risk of transmission, and thus other STDs.

We have the purpose of pubic hair: they create svoebrazny cushion that protects against frictions, what can lead to skin damage and abrasions. This pillow protects us from bacteria and other unwanted pathogens. Pubic hair - a visible result of such long-awaited adolescent hormones, and in any case should not be ashamed or shy.

It's time to announce the end of the war with pubic hair and allow them to stay where they grow. We owe it to patients - to encourage them to leave alone pubic hair.

• This article was originally published on KevinMD.com
DARPA

Вернуться в HIGHLIGHTS STORIES