you wanted to know about meldonium, but hesitated to ask

Модератор: zlata

you wanted to know about meldonium, but hesitated to ask

Сообщение HainanWel.com(e)! » 19 мар 2016, 13:22

I was asked to write about this popular the meldonium not to be the night will remember. It is said that he is not a drug, but simply a dietary supplement or sports object hygiene. For health, the type of dentifrice. A russophobes want this powder Now imagine that it's, like, a powerful doping, and through this to hurt the whole country.

So, so. Himself meldonium that I never dealt with, but that's what the meldonium acts, is my specialty, and in this I understand a little bit.

History meldonium application in medicine begins in the most hairy 80s, when it was the Soviet Union and was the friendship of peoples. Then no one knew for Bandera and evil Baltic SS, time has not come to know about them. At this time in Soviet journals (certainly nontransferable) articles began to appear from Riga laboratories in Moscow and Kiev about the drug, which protects the myocardium (heart muscle) in conditions of lack of oxygen. For example, in angina pectoris, preinfarction condition.

As is well known, sport problem is just in the fact that it is necessary to increase the efficiency of cardiac and skeletal muscle is in an environment where oxygen is not enough. Therefore it is not surprising that people are interested in this drug from the sport, and there is no collapse of the USSR has not prevented them from using this substance is being developed mainly in Riga, right where some SS. But when for a good cause, you can spit at SS. (So, incidentally, and Bandera will).

Now it is very simplistic about how this works meldonium. To muscles to work effectively, it is necessary to ensure the rapid synthesis of ATP, a molecule having high chemical energy. The main place in the cell where ATP is produced, called mitochondria, it is such a small chemical plant. ATP for energy production comes from two main sources: - glucose and fatty acids, which compete with each other. Fatty acid oxidation gives a lot of energy, but also requires a lot of oxygen, and when you mashesh racquet, Sharapova, or duesh skating, you have every molecule of oxygen in the account. In addition, fatty acids inhibit the oxidation products of glucose oxidation. Because of this, a good glucose can not be oxidized, and intermediate its decay, lactic acid builds up in the muscles. And even the hedgehog is known (not to mention the athletes), the accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles does not get good coin.

Meldonium this very same blocks use of fatty acids. Fatty acids can not pass freely into the mitochondria to be burned there, there is such membranka through which they have to climb. Here to squeeze through membranku, fatty acids needed transporter. A meldonium, the parasite does not work this transporter. And if the athlete (or patient) meldonium eaten this, he fatty acids into the mitochondria are not included, but it starts very strongly oxidized by glucose and products of its decay. And not accumulate lactic acid. The oxidation of glucose requires less oxygen, so Sharapova could crap a lot of ATP relatively cheaply.

In addition, there is the observation that when glucose is very widely used, it promotes cell proliferation (that cancer cells multiply healthy, and they just will not save enough glucose). So if skeletal muscle is to eat plenty of glucose (instead of fatty acids scored meldonium), it may contribute to the growth of its cells, muscle mass will be more. This is also a nice athlete.

Now the question is whether meldonium doping. I do not know, I'm not a sports doctor. But if we mean by doping drug enhancement of sports activity, then it's just a sample of meldonium doping. The purest delights of pure sample.

Anticipating the question, but what have the Ukrainians in the West? Meldonium something used almost exclusively ex-Soviet athletes, and certainly in the West, there is an analogue of the enemy. Why it can be, but we can not?

I hasten to please - is an analogue. For quite a long time the drug is being developed for the treatment of angina, called trimetazidine. Also inhibits the use of fatty acids, but the mechanism of the other (I will not talk to the head you do not score). And it can also be considered as doping, because the effects are the same as those meldonium. So in January 2014 with the use of trimetazidine in the sport banned by WADA. I just do not understand how it was possible to prohibit trimetazidine, without prohibiting meldonium.
HainanWel.com(e)!
Администратор

Вернуться в HIGHLIGHTS STORIES