topmain

HOTELS IN CHINA AND ASIA

CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE HOTEL RESERVATION

IT IS INTERESTING!

WEATHER IN SANYA AND OTHER CITIES OF HAINAN ISLAND- THE DETAILED MAP: http://hainanwel.com/en/hainan-news/1633-meteorological-data.html

At the foot of the Great Wall discovered chess pieces made ​​in the 14-17 centuries

Addicted than in ancient times, the Chinese soldiers who carried the border guards at the Great Wall of China ? Board game " Xiangqi " similar to Western chess, could be their choice at their leisure. This is evidenced by the discovery made employees Office for the Protection of Cultural Monuments Qinhuangdao city / prov . Hebei , North China / . Recently in the course of restoration works were accidentally discovered more than 40 clay chess pieces at the foot of one of the observation towers at the site of the Great Wall is located in Funing county named province. These figures represent chips with hieroglyphs written popular during the Ming Dynasty / 1368 - 1644 gg. / Font " fanSun " / imitation Sung letter / color and divided into two groups : dark yellow and dark gray . In addition, together with chess pieces and found a brass key , a pipe and a cup of more primitive stone 50 min. Deputy Head of the Chinese Society for the Study of the Great Wall Dong Yaohuey said that during the reign of the Ming Dynasty , only 30 percent of border guards to take responsibility to protect the border from the aggressor , the remaining 70 percent were engaged in agriculture . " In those days, the Great Wall effectively fulfill the protective function , and steppe nomads have become increasingly rare to attack the Ming dynasty. Thus, it is not surprising that Chinese chess was a popular game at the border ," - said the expert.


НАЖМИТЕ ЗДЕСЬ ДЛЯ ПРОСМОТРА ВСЕГО СПИСКА НОВОСТЕЙ О НЕОБЫЧНЫХ ЯВЛЕНИЯХ>>>

CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL LIST OF UNUSUAL PHENOMENA NEWS>>>


Related news items:
Newer news items:
Older news items:

 

Add comment


 

SHARE ON: